Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sis Q Lint - Pre-Need E.P. (1984)

Wonderfully entertaining absurdist tomfoolery from Los Angeles. Similar in spirit to the likes of Inflatable Boy Clams or 2.3 Children. The detached deadpan femme vocals are coupled with silly satirical lyrical insights about out of control poodles, the stresses of finding a proper mortician for oneself, and the cheesiness of low budget romantic pretendings. The music is quite entertaining as well. Synths, sound effects, sound clips, and percussions. All artasticly mastered at Gold Star studios. Try listening to Dog Sweaters without cracking a big grin. There's a good review from San Francisco's Unsound zine to read here. They also put a single Wally! Wally! / The Very Last Record from Gold Star. That I'm dying to hear, anyone?
http://www.mediafire.com/?rz11i54d4u6e800

6 comments:

  1. this was a biggie on my weirdo lady punk want list, thanks a lot. i echo your hope to hear the wally/wally 7 inch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, a new one to my knowledge. If I come across their other record I will certainly inform you of such an event.

    Thanks!!

    NathanG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you still want to hear it, I have the entire Sis q Lint discography on mp3 ( :

      Delete
    2. I have the 12" but definitely would love to hear the rest! How do I get in touch?

      Delete
  3. Love this! If anyone ever finds Wally! I too would love to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Wally Wally mp3. It's about Wally George if you didn't know.

    ReplyDelete