Sunday, February 24, 2013

Zeitgeist - Shake-Rake (1980) Touch (1980) Ball of Confusion (1981) Stop (1982)

Originally from Cornwall then London. Post-punk with two vocalists alternating male/female. Read the whole history here. Similar to A Certain Ratio, etc. In the sense that they started out with moody post punk explorations and got more and more dance friendly as the years went by, culminating in their last 7" not included here. They cover Ball of Confusion which is nice and all, but I find their own tunes a lot more engaging. I inclued the Shake-Rake 7" which I had previously posted here. Since someone had it taken down, claiming it's a Japanese anime!

 http://www.mediafire.com/?rfx68jq6do997zx




1 comment:

  1. This is SO good. I can't believe I haven't heard ANY of these before! Thanks as always for digging these up and sharing.

    ReplyDelete